Financial Aid - DDS & PPID

Let Us Help You with Financial Aid

We have several financial aid options available and are here to help you in navigating through the process of applying for assistance.

Although it may be possible to fund your entire education with financial aid, we recommend a conservative approach to borrowing. We also encourage you to save as much as possible before you enter dental school so that you can avoid a heavy debt burden once you graduate.

For the DDS Program, there are several types of financial assistance: loans, scholarships, grants, and work-study. Approximately 90 percent of our financial aid is in the form of loans. These loans must be repaid with interest via a payment plan, which usually does not commence until six months following graduation or separation/withdrawal from the program. The remaining 10 percent of the financial assistance is in the form of grants, scholarships, and funds received for work-study, none of which will need to be repaid. 

Please note: Your eligibility for some of these options depend on your citizenship/residency status.

For the Professional Program for International Dentists (PPID), loans are the only source of financial assistance currently available, unless you are able to secure outside scholarship funding.

Contact Us / Virtual Office Hours

Beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 Financial Aid Staff will be unavailable for in-person contact. All students must submit their financial aid documents via MyUCLA.

We remain dedicated to assisting you throughout the financial aid process and encourage you navigate our website for additional resources.

Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Financial aid appointments are scheduled 'virtual zoom' meeting from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.  If needed, zoom appointments maybe scheduled after 5pm. 

When contacting the SOD Financial aid Office, please always include your full namestudent 9-Digit UID number and email address along with your message.

Questions and assistance, send us a message via Message Center:

Thank You!

Connie Steppes, Financial Aid Director
UCLA School of Dentistry