Sinus Graft Workshop
Sinus Graft Workshop
Predictable Augmentation for Implants
Lectures and Hands-on Workshop
Course Fee: $1,100 30-day early registration: $990
CDE Credits: 7. Enrollment is limited. Early registration advised.
Friday, August 25, 2023
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sinus floor augmentation has become a routine procedure that enhances the outcome of dental implants placed in the posterior maxilla when insufficient bone volume is found. The question remains, what is the best choice of donor material to use for sinus grafting? This course will not only provide hands-on laboratory session to familiarize the participant with the surgical techniques, but also reveal the science behind selection of the appropriate donor material. The surgical technique will be demonstrated from flap design to accessing the sinus floor to proper soft tissue closure and finally to managing complications associated with sinus floor graft. Hands-on workshop will be performed on goat heads or plastic models.
Attendance is strictly limited to maintain high instructor to participant ratio.
- Surgical approaches: lateral window and crestal approach
- Anatomy and physiology of the maxillary sinus
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- 3D imaging for maxillary sinus augmentation
- Selection of donor material
- Soft tissue management
- Complications and management
Tara Aghaloo, DDS, MD, PhD
Professor, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Assistant Dean, Clinical Research, UCLA School of Dentistry
Joan Pi-Anfruns, DDS
Assistant Clinical Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, UCLA School of Dentistry
- Understand and be able to refer to surgical approaches: lateral window and crestal approach
- Define key components of anatomy and physiology of the maxillary sinus
- State considerations and protocol for diagnosis and treatment planning
- Identify aspects of 3D imaging for maxillary sinus augmentation
- Be able to implement the selection of donor material
- Demonstrate knowledge of soft tissue management
- Have a grasp and understanding of complications and management
speakers/instructors and topics are subject to change without prior notice
Policies - Cancellation and Refund
UCLA School of Dentistry, Continuing Dental Education is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.