obturation /shaping /access /diagnosis /treatment planning
Lectures, patient case discussion, hands-on workshops
Course Fee: $3600
CDE Credits: 48
Thursday - Saturday, March 30-April 1 and April 6-8, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- 1-on-1 case consultations
- Over 20 hours of hands-on workshops
- High faculty to student ratio
- Operating microscopes and high-power loupes available for use
This 6 day lecture / workshop course will give you the fundamentals for excellence in endodontic treatment. Our world-renowned, university and private practice faculty have the knowledge and real world experience to help ensure you are successful in providing endodontic therapy to your patients. This course is designed for clinicians with basic to intermediate RCT experience. We maintain a very high faculty to student ratio during the workshops to ensure a very high quality learning experience for all participants.
This is an intense course, with extensive time spent working on extracted teeth and/or 3D printed tooth replicas. Each participant will be required to proficiently complete at least 3 separate teeth (1 anterior, 2 posterior including 1 molar) during the workshops.
Course Topics / Learning Objectives
• Endodontic diagnosis and treatment planning
• Predictable and conservative access preparation designs
• Irrigation and disinfection protocols
• Proper use of intracanal medicaments
• Initial canal negotiation
• Safe, predictable, and efficient use of NiTi rotary file systems
• Warm vertical and single cone obturation techniques
• Trouble shooting common problems in endodontic treatment
• Restoration of endodontically treated teeth, with or without posts
• Canal anatomy and morphology
• Use of ultrasonics in Endodontics
• Reading the pulpal floor “map”
• Use of microscopes in Endodontics
• Pain management in complex tooth pain scenarios
speakers/instructors and topics are subject to change without prior notice
Policies - Cancellation and Refund
UCLA School of Dentistry, Continuing Dental Education is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.