Tara Aghaloo, D.D.S., M.D., Ph.D.
- (310) 794-7070
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Tara Aghaloo is the Assistant Dean of Clinical Research and Professor in the Section of Oral and
Maxillofacial Surgery in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
She is also the Director of the Clinical Research Center, where she works closely with the UCLA Clinical
Translational Science Institute.
- DS463C, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Course Chair)
- DS300.04, Resident Physical Diagnosis Course, Introduction to Hospital and Operating Room Protocol and the Pulmonary Exam (Lecturer)
- OB403b, Introduction to Hospital Dentistry; Hospital/OR Protocol (Lecturer; Dr. Eric Sung, Course Director)
- Resident hands-on teaching in Clinic and Operating Room procedures
Patient Care Activities:
Dr. Aghaloo treats patients in the Faculty Group Dental Practice.
- DDS, University of Missouri, 1994
- MD, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998
- Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, 2000
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2003
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles (Oral Biology), 2007
Her research focuses on bone biology and regeneration strategies at the basic, translational, and clinical
levels, while maintaining an active clinical oral and maxillofacial surgery practice.
2004 - 2009 NIH K08 Clinical Scientist Development Award (DE015800)(PI)
"Prostanoid induction of egr1 in primary osteoblasts"
This grant examines the effect of prostanoids on egr1 and the effect on osteoblast differentiation and
- Board member of the Academy of Osseointegration
- Member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Committee for Research Planning and Technology Assessment
- Past president of the OMS Section of the International Association for Dental Research
- Associate editor of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants