Postdoc Position in Biomaterials and Craniofacial Tissue Engineering
Laboratory of Biomaterials Innovations and Tissue Engineering (BITE) at Weintraub Center for Reconstructive Biotechnology in in the Division of Advanced Prosthodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry is a talented Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join its team.
The project is focused on the development, synthesis, and characterization of novel polymer-based biomaterials for craniofacial tissue engineering applications. The candidate should have experience in polymer testing and characterization techniques. In addition, the postdoctoral candidate should be familiar with cell and molecular biological techniques such as Flow Cytometry, Microbiology, DNA & RNA isolation, RT qPCR, r PCR Array, Immunohistochemistry, Tissue microarray, and Digital image analysis. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with other researchers in the BITE Lab to perform in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Ph.D. in material science, biomedical engineering, or related disciplines.
- Experience in hydrogel biomaterials synthesis and characterization.
- Experience in cell and molecular biological techniques are desired.
- A strong record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Excellent communication skills (speaking and writing).
- Identifies, researches, compiles and evaluates data sources, background information and/or technology related to area of specialization.
- Analyzes and evaluates research data utilizing computers and provides interpretations requiring significant knowledge of a specialized area of research.
- Contributes to the development of research documentation for publication and/or prepares technical reports, papers and/or records.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated laboratory/scientific equipment.
This is a full time position. Initial appointments are typically one year, continued employment is contingent upon candidate’s performance. Salary rate to be based on the postdoctoral scholar’s experience level. Position is available immediately. For consideration, please send the following documents
- Research statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three references via email to:
Alireza Moshaverinia, DDS, MS, PhD, FACP Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics Associate Professor
Director, Laboratory of Biomaterials Innovations and Tissue Engineering (BITE) Division of Advanced Prosthodontics
UCLA School of Dentistry Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (310) 794-6324