1. Where can I access the application to apply to the MS or PhD program in Oral Biology at the School of Dentistry?
Application to our Oral Biology programs is through the UCLA Graduate Division application form.
2. Can I apply to both the MS and the PhD programs?
Per Graduate Division policy, an applicant can apply to only ONE graduate program during an application cycle. So, you can apply to MS or PhD - not both.
3. What if I am applying to the dental school or a certificate program in addition to the Oral Biology program?
When applying, even if you are applying to the dental school or a certificate program, just solely indicate the Oral Biology program you are applying to (MS or PhD) on the graduate school application.
4. I submitted an application, when will I know of the results?
At the latest, April 15th but we aim to notify you of the decision well before that.
5. What is the department code for the TOEFL?
Please use School Code R4837 and Department Code 38 (Dentistry).
6. What is the minimum score for TOEFL?
The minimum score is 87; these scores cannot be more than two years old.
7. What is the department code for the GRE?
Please use School Code R4837 and Department Code 0604 (Dental Sciences).
8. Where do I sent my hard-copy transcripts?
Although you upload your official transcripts to the application, you must send the Department one official, sealed copy. Send this to:
Attn: Oral Biology
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90095
9. Which program requires the GRE?
Only the PhD application requires the GRE.
10. What is the deadline for applying to the MS or PhD program?
The deadline is December 15th. Everything must be submitted by then: the application, the official transcripts, the LORs.