Eric C. Sung, D.D.S.
- Phone:(310) 206-6407
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Eric Sung is a Professor of Clinical Dentistry and Chair of the Section of Special Patient Care; and is the Vice Chair of the Division of Advanced Prosthodontics. Dr. Sung is also the inaugural holder of the UCPLA Endowed Chair in Special Patient Care. His background is in training and providing comprehensive treatment for the medically, physically, and psychologically complex individuals.
Dr. Sung teaches courses DS403b, DS464b, Hospital Dentistry rotation, and the different systems. He also leads the Salvation Army Selective, and teaches multiple courses in the postgraduate hospital dentistry program.
Patient Care Activities
Dr. Sung has his private patient care in the maxillo-facial clinic at UCLA in CHS A0-156.
- B.A. in Biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley, 1986
- D.D.S., UCLA, 1990
- General Practice and Hospital Dentistry Residency (Two Year Program), UCLA, 1992
Dr. Sung's research focus is on dental materials and treatment of the medically complex patients.
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Western Dental Society
- International Association of Dental Research
- American Association of Dental Research
- American Association of Hospital Dentists
- Academy of Dentistry for Persons with Disabilities
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- American Dental Education Association
- American Board of Special Care in Dentistry