Alireza Moshaverinia, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- (310) 794-6324
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Alireza Moshaverinia is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a tenured associate professor at the UCLA School of Dentistry. Alireza has received his DDS degree in 2004 from Iran. He has a Master of Science degree in Dental Biomaterials (2009) from the Ohio State University, College of Dentistry. He completed advanced clinical education in Prosthodontics and earned his PhD in Craniofacial Biology from Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC (2012). He has published more than 50 papers in peer- reviewed journals on dental materials, implant dentistry, and stem cell mediated tissue engineering. He serves as the editorial review board member for several scientific journals such as Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. Dr. Moshaverinia directs NIH funded research projects dedicated to studying basic mechanisms to regulate stem cell-mediated bone and tissue regeneration and the role of biomaterials.
- Hasani-Sadrabadi MM, Sarrion P, Pouraghae S, Chau Y, Ansari S, Li S, Aghaloo T, Moshaverinia A. An engineered cell-laden adhesive hydrogel promotes craniofacial bone tissue regeneration in rats. Sci. Transl. Med. 2020. 12, eaay6853.
- Ansari S, Sarrion P, Hasani M, Aghaloo T, Wu BM, Moshaverinia A. Regulation of the fate of dental-derived mesenchymal stem cells using engineered alginate-GelMA hydrogels. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2017 Jun 22. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.36148.
- Ansari S, Diniz IM, Chen C, Sarrion P, Tamayol A, Wu BM, Moshaverinia A. Human Periodontal Ligament- and Gingiva-derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Promote Nerve Regeneration When Encapsulated in Alginate/Hyaluronic Acid 3D Scaffold. Adv Healthc Mater. 2017 Dec;6(24).
- Ansari S, Chen C, Hasani M, Yu B, Wu BM, Moshaverinia A. Hydrogel elasticity and microarchitecture regulate dental-derived mesenchymal stem cells -host immune system cross-talk. Acta Biomater. 2017 Sep 15;60:181-189.
- Hasani-Sadrabadi MM. Sarrion P, Nakatsuka N, Ansari, S, Aghaloo TL, Khademhosseini A, Weiss PS, Moshaverinia A. Hierarchically Patterned Polydopamine-Containing Membranes for Periodontal Tissue Engineering. ACS Nano, ACS Nano. 2019 Apr 23;13(4):3830-3838
- Hasani-Sadrabadi MM, Majedi FS, Bensinger SJ, Wu BM, Bouchard LS, Weiss PS, Moshaverinia A. Mechanobiological Mimicry of Helper T Lymphocytes to Evaluate Cell-Biomaterial Cross-Talk. Adv Mater. 2018 Apr 23:e1706780. doi: 10.1002/adma.201706780.
- D.D.S., Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, School of Dentistry, 2004
- M.S. (Dental Biomaterials), Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, 2009
- Ph.D. (Craniofacial Biology), Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2012
- Certificate, Advanced Prosthodontics, Ostrow School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2012
- F.A.C.P. Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontics, 2014
- Dental Biomaterials
- Tissue engineering and Stem cell biology
- Implant dentistry and prosthodontics
- Dental Materials
- Fellow, American College of Prosthodontics (ACP)
- Fellow, Academy of Osseointegration
- International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
- American Association for Dental Research (AADR)
- American College of Prosthodontics (ACP)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Los Angeles Dental Society
- Society for Biomaterials (SFB)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Distinguished Researcher Award, American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), 2019
- IADR Young Investigator Award, 2018
- Peter Geistlich Research Award (Osteo Science Foundation), 2018
- Ohio State College of Dentistry Young Professional Alumni Award, 2018
- IADR Academy of Osseointegration innovation in Implant Sciences Award, 2016
- GSK Prosthodontist Innovator Award. American College of Prosthodontics, 2016
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO) Research Grant Award, 2016
- IADR Innovation in Oral Care Award, 2015
- NIH/NIDCR Career Development Award, 2014