Sanjay M. Mallya, B.D.S., M.D.S., Ph.D.
- (310) 825-1689
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Mallya is the Chair and Associate Professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He is a board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologist. His research focuses on the molecular mechanisms of oral cancer and parathyroid neoplasia.
IDS 100, Foundations of Radiology, Course director IDS 201, Oral Radiology, Course director DS300.07 Advanced Topics in Oral Radiology, Co-director
Patient Care Activities
Dr. Mallya provides patient care in the Oral Radiology Practice.
B.D.S., University of Bombay, 1987
M.D.S., University of Bombay, 1989
Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, 1995
Ph.D., University of Connecticut, 1998
Postdoctoral fellowship, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, 1998-2002
Dr. Mallya's research is focused on the molecular mechanisms of oral precancer and cancer and on parathyroid neoplasia.
In studies funded by the American Institute of Cancer Research, he is studying the role of vitamin D in modulating the development of oral epithelial dysplasia and neoplasia and its interactions with the cyclin D1 pathway.
In collaborative studies funded by the NIH/NIDDK, he is investigating the mechanism of cyclin D1s oncogenic role in parathyroid neoplasia.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
- Member, Commission on Dental Accreditation: Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology Review Committee, 2010-2013
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- American Association for Dental Research
- American Dental Education Association
- American Dental Association
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Endocrine Society
- Indian Academy of Oral Medicine and Radiology