Yi-Ling Lin, D.D.S., D.M.SC.
- (310) 206-4731
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Lin is an associate professor in the Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in the Division of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
- Lu SY, Li M, Lin YL. Mitf induction by RANKL is critical for osteoclastogenesis. Molecular biology of the cell. 2010;21(10):1763-71.
- Lu SY, Wan HC, Li M, Lin YL. Subcellular localization of Mitf in monocytic cells. Histochem Cell Biol. 2010;133(6):651-8.
- Li M, Saghafi N, Freymiller E, Basile JR, Lin YL. Metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma of the oral cavity in a human immunodeficiency virus-positive patient and the detection of Merkel cell polyomavirus. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2013;115(5):e66-71.
- Lu SY, Li M, Lin YL. Mitf regulates osteoclastogenesis by modulating NFATc1 activity. Exp Cell Res. 2014;328(1):32-43.
- Yoon JH, Li M, Basile JR, Lin YL. Computer-assisted analysis of immunohistological parameters in oral giant cell granulomas. Oral Dis. 2019;25(3):796-802.
- OSD111, Foundations of Basic Science: Introduction to Histology and Pathology
- OSD 210, System 4: Neuroanatomy & musculoskeletal systems
- AS111, PPID Oral Pathology
Patient Care Activities:
Dr. Lin reviews cases submitted to the UCLA Oral Pathology Diagnostic Laboratory.
- D.D.S., National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan, 1989
- D.M.Sc. in Oral Biology, Certificate in Oral Pathology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 1997
- Certificate in Clinical Research, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, 1999
- Postdoc., Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 2003
Dr. Yi-Ling Lin's research focuses on transcription regulation during osteoclast differentiation. The lab is aiming at developing therapeutic strategies to inhibit osteoclast activity for osteolytic diseases such as periodontitis and cancer bone metastasis.
- American Society of Bone and Mineral Research (ASBMR)
- International Association for Dental Research and American Association for Dental Research (IADR & AADR)
- American Society of Microbiology (ASM)
- American Society of Cell Biology (ASCB)
- Southern California Academy of Oral Pathology (SCAOP)
- UCLA Dental Research Institute
- Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center