Zaher George Jabbour, D.M.D., Ph.D.
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Zaher Jabbour is an Assistant Professor in the Sections of Restorative Dentistry and Oral Medicine.
- Jabbour Z, Al-khateeb A, Eimar H, Retrouvey JM, Glorieux FH, Rauch F, Tamimi F. Genetics and malocclusion in patients with osteogenesis imperfecta, Journal of Orthodontics & Craniofacial Research. 2018 May;21(2):71-77.
- Jabbour Z, do Nascimento C, El-Hakim M, Henderson JE, Albuquerque RF. Profile of bacteria colonizing the exposed bone of patients with anti-osteoclastic drug-related osteonecrosis of the jaws. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 10.1139/cjm-2016-0212.
- Jabbour Z, El-Hakim M, Henderson JE, Albuquerque R. Bisphosphonates inhibit bone remodeling in the jaw bones of rats and delay healing following tooth extractions. Oral Oncology. doi: 10.1016/j.oraloncology.2014.02.013.
- Jabbour Z, Fromentin O, Lassauzay C, Abi Nader S, Correa JA, Feine J, de Albuquerque Junior RF. Effect of implant angulation on attachment retention in mandibular two-implant overdentures: A clinical study. Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research. 2013. doi: 10.1111/cid.12030.
- Jabbour Z, El-Hakim M, Mesbah-Ardakani P, Henderson JE, de Albuquerque Junior RF. The outcomes of conservative and surgical treatment of stage 2 bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws: a case series. The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. 2012;41(11):1404-9.
Educational & Professional Background
- Ph.D., McGill University, Faculty of Dentistry
- D.M.D., McGill University, Faculty of Dentistry
Research & Interests
- Clinical research
- Restorative and Digital Dentistry
- Wounds and Bone Healing