Rowida Abdalla, M.S., D.D.S.
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Rowida Abdalla, DDS, MS, is an Egyptian native born and raised in Cairo. She completed dental school, and a master’s degree in operative dentistry in Egypt before moving to the US in 2012 where she pursued further advanced general dentistry training at the University of Rochester, NY. Dr Abdalla’s research focused on the prevention of the damaging effects of radiotherapy on tooth structure, specifically for patients treated for head and neck cancer. Dr.Abdalla taught restorative dentistry for several years at different institutions in Cairo and the US with a focus on Dental Anatomy, occlusion and operative dentistry. She has dedicated her career to teaching restorative dentistry and improving the skills of dental students. Dr.Abdalla is the sole author for 2 textbooks focused on Dental Anatomy and the art of waxing teeth.
- Rowida Abdalla, Waxing for Dental Students. Quintessence Publishing, 2018. ISBN: 9780867157734
- Rowida Abdalla, The Art of Occlusal & Esthetic Waxing. Quintessence Publishing. 2019. ISBN 9780867158113
- Certificate; Advanced Education in General Dentistry, University of Rochester NY 2015
- Certificate; Fellowship in community dentistry, University of Rochester NY 2013
- Masters in Operative Dentistry and Dental Sciences, Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Dental Degree: Ain Shams Dental School, Cairo, Egypt
- Radiation effects on tooth structure
- Dental Erosion
- Dental Education
- Dental Anatomy
- Abdalla, R., Key treatment tools used to achieve ideal esthetic results for max…
- Abdalla, R., Teaching dental anatomy & morphology; An updated clinical & digita…
- Abdalla R, Bishop SS, Villasante-Tezanos AG, Bertoli E. Comparison between stud…
- Eastman Institute Community Dentistry Star award 2012 & 2013 (Eastman Institute for Oral Health, Rochester, NY)
- Rochester area community foundation scholarship 2014
- American Muslim Women Physician Assoc. (AMWPA) merit award winner 2014
- National Arab American Medical Assoc. (NAAMA) Scholarship grant for Academic Excellence 2014