Celebrating Our 60th Anniversary in 2024
As we turned the calendar to 2024, the UCLA School of Dentistry commenced an exciting celebration … its 60th anniversary year!
At the core of this year-long commemoration, the anniversary is all about reflecting on the School’s incredible impact on oral health care over the past six decades – a short span relative to peer institutions – as well as looking forward to the continuing innovations ahead. Sixtieth-anniversary content will be visible via touchpoints such as:
- Building and digital signage
- Endowed chair installations and BISCO lectures
- Research and Clinical Excellence Day (Feb. 28) and Science Day (June)
- CDA Anaheim (May), plus other regional alumni events
- Spring issue of UCLA Dentistry Magazine
- Historical and forward-looking website/social media content
Celebrations reach a crescendo on Saturday, Sept. 28, with a special event in the Neuroscience Research Building Auditorium. An academic program centered on the School of Dentistry’s four pillars (Education | Patient Care | Research | Public Service) will be followed by a reception and exhibition. Additional details and invitations are forthcoming.