Igor Spigelman, Ph.D.
- (310) 825-3190
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Igor Spigelman joined the faculty at the UCLA School of Dentistry in 1991. He contributes to teaching in the dental school curriculum and in graduate school courses including the interdepartmental Neuroscience Graduate Program. His research on the mechanisms of chronic pain and alcohol addiction resulted in numerous publications and two patents.
- System 1 (OSD102, Cardiovascular, Respiratory & Renal): Lecturer
- System 2 (OSD102, G-I, Endocrine & Reproduction): Lecturer
- System 3 (OSD102, Nervous System): Lecturer System 4 (OSD102, Neurobiology & Musculoskeletal): Chair
- Pro-Seminar in Oral Biology (OB212): Lecturer
- Graduate seminar course in Neuroscience (M210A): Chair/Co-chair
- B.Sc., University of Toronto, 1983
- M.Sc., University of British Columbia, 1986
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, University of British Columbia, 1988
- Postdoc. in Neuropharmacology, Toronto Hospital and University of Toronto, 1991
- Director of the Oral Biology Ph.D. Program, 1999-2003
Dr. Spigelman is a neuropharmacologist conducting research on the mechanisms and relief of chronic pain, addiction, seizures and other neurodegenerative conditions such as stroke and brain trauma. His lab utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to identify molecular targets for therapy followed by development of novel pharmaceuticals and non-viral gene therapies for these disorders.
- Society for Neuroscience, 1987-present
- International Association for the Study of Pain, 1989-present
- UCLA Brain Research Institute, 1991-present
- UCLA Dental Research Institute, 1997-present
- International Association for Dental Research, 2000-present
- American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics, 2004-present
- Research Society on Alcoholism, 2006-present