Kumar C. Shah, B.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- (310) 206-7014
- (310) 794-5750
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Kumar C. Shah is a Professor of Clinical Dentistry and a Board-Certified Prosthodontist & Maxillofacial Prosthodontist in the Division of Advanced Prosthodontics at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). He received his dental degree from the National University of Singapore and earned his Master of Science degree and a certiﬁcate in Prosthodontics at The Ohio State University. He completed Maxillofacial Prosthetics fellowship training at UCLA thereafter.
Dr. Shah is Director of the Graduate Prosthodontics residency program at UCLA, Advanced Prosthodontics and Implantology Preceptorship Programs as well as Director fo the Faculty Group Dental practice at UCLA. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, a Fellow of the Academy of Prosthodontics, Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists and Fellow of the International Team for Implantology (ITI). He has been on Board of Directors for several non-profit organizations within Dentistry. Additionally, he is a co-editor of a textbook in Dental Implant therapy released in 2015 and is a member of the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
For dental appointments, please call (310) 794-5750.
Teaching Activities (within UCLA)
- RFE 311 & RFE 315, Implant Dentistry (Course Chair)
- 300.16s, Advanced Implant Dentistry – Postgraduate level Course (Chair)
- 300.16s, Advanced Implant Dentistry – Postgraduate level Course (co-chair)
- CL 403.10 a, b, c, d, Implant Consultations
- CL 404.10 a, b, c, d, Implant Consultations
- CL 403.10 a, b, c, d, Clinical Prosthodontics (instructor)
- CL 404.10 a, b, c, d, Clinical Prosthodontics (instructor)
- Treatment Planning Clinic (Faculty)
- Graduate Prosthodontics (clinical attending/director)
- Classic and Contemporary Literature Review/Seminar
- Prosthodontics Treatment Planning Seminar
- Multi-Disciplinary Implant Treatment Planning Seminar
Dr. Shah practices in the UCLA Faculty Group Dental Practice. He practices all areas of restorative and esthetic dentistry (fixed and removable prosthodontics), including full mouth rehabilitation/reconstruction with a special emphasis on implant prosthodontics.
M.S., The Ohio State University
Certificate in Advanced Prosthodontics, The Ohio State University
Certificate in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, UCLA
Training Program in Translational Science (TPTS) - UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute
Dr. Shah’s research focuses on various aspects of prosthodontics.
2017 – present, “Innovative Digital Dentistry Systems/Workflow to Optimize Oral Health Treatment”
2012 – present, “Novel method to retain implant restorations that are neither cemented nor screwed on”
2009 - present, “An Exploratory Study of the Quality of Life of Denture Wearers,” Co-PI
2007 - present, “Quantitative Assessment of Orthodontic Treatment Impact on Anterior Prosthetic Treatment of Class I Crowding Malocclusions," Investigator
2007 – present, “Complications following dental extractions among patients with osteoporosis being treated with or without bisphosphonates,” Investigator
- Academy of Prosthodontics (Fellow)
- American College of Prosthodontists (Fellow)
- International Team for Implantology (ITI) (Fellow)
- Academy of Osseointegration- past member
- American Dental Education Association
- American Board of Prosthodontics (Diplomate)
- Foundation for Oral-Facial Rehabilitation (Board of Directors ended 2021)
- Career Design in Dentistry (Board of Directors)