Paul H. Krebsbach, D.D.S., Ph.D.
- (310) 206-6063
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Paul Krebsbach was appointed dean of the UCLA School of Dentistry on June 30, 2016. He also holds a professor appointment in the School's Section of Periodontics.
Prior to his appointment at UCLA, he was a member of the faculty at the University of Michigan for 20 years. He was the Roy H. Roberts Professor of Dentistry and a Professor of Biomedical Engineering. He also served as Chair of the Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences and Division of Prosthodontics for over 10 years.
Dr. Krebsbach has served on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research for 10 years. He currently is on the editorial boards of Bone Research, the Journal of Healthcare Leadership and the International Journal of Oral Science. He is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering. In 2016, he completed a one-year term as president of the AADR, and he is a member of the American Dental Association, the American Society for Bone and Mineral Research and the IADR.
PhD, Biomedical Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center, 1993
Certificate, Periodontology, University of Connecticut Health Center, 1993
DDS, University of Minnesota, 1987
BA, Biology, College of St. Thomas, 1982
Dr. Krebsbach's research focuses on the cell and molecular biology of mineralized tissues and self-renewal of adult and pluripotent stem cells.
- American Dental Association
- American Associate for Dental Research
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- International Association for Dental Research
- William J. Gies Award 1999 and 2007, Journal of Dental Research
- Independent Scientist Award by the NIH and NIDCR
- Distinguished Scientist Award for Basic Research in Biological Mineralization from the International Association for Dental Research
- Fellow (elected) 2011, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- International Association for Dental Research Distinguished Scientist Award for Basic Research in Biological Mineralization 2010
- Roy H. Roberts Endowed Professor of Dentistry 2005-2015
- Fellow (elected) 2006, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- Donald A. Kerr Collegiate Professor of Oral Pathology 2002-05
- Academic Leadership Fellow 2002-03, Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC)
- Leadership Institute Fellow 2001-02, American Dental Education Association
- Dental Honorary Society 2001, Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Chi Chapter
- Independent Scientist Award 1999-04, NIH/NIDCR