Marc Hayashi, D.M.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.D, F.I.C.D.
- (310) 825-4855
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Marc Hayashi is an Associate Clinical Professor and the Vice Chair of the Section of Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Hayashi originally joined UCLA in 2013 as a Lecturer, teaching in both the Section of Restorative Dentistry, as well as Special Patient Care with the UCLA General Practice Residency (GPR) program. Dr. Hayashi also serves on the Board of the Western Los Angeles Dental Society, and is actively involved in research at the school.
- Hayashi MR, Pellecer M, Chung EM, Sung EC. The Efficacy of Pentoxifylline/Tocopherol Combination in the Treatment of Osteoradionecrosis. Special Care in Dentistry 2015;35:268-271.
- Song M, Yu B, Kim S, Hayashi M, Smith C, Sohn S, Kim E, Lim J, Stevenson R, Kim R. Clinical and Molecular Perspectives of Reparative Dentin Formation: Lessons Learned from Pulp-Capping Materials and the Emerging Roles of Calcium. Dental Clinics of North America 2017;61(1):93-110.
- Koka S, Hayashi M. Prevention is better than cure: Why is hiring and retaining great employees so difficult? Seattle Study Club Journal 2018,22(2):12-14.
- Matosian A, Hayashi M, Birdi B, Koka S. Platform switching and screw- and cement-retained restorations: effects on peri-implant tissue health and disease. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2018,39(7):432-437.
- Hayashi M, Low K, Tupaz K, Ozaki A, Stevenson R, Kim R. Enhancing Dental Student Learning and Skill with Dental Bonding Utilizing a Shear Bond Strength Test. J Dent Educ 2018;82(8):872-877.
- Bonilla ED, Pameijer CH, Nascimento CD, Garcia-Godoy F, Hayashi M, Khabbaz C, Bonilla BC, Pedrazzi V. Influence of a retentive shoulder design to prevent early failure of three core build-ups. Braz Dent J 2019;30(6):569-576.
- Bonilla ED, Hayashi M, Pameijer CH, Le NV, Morrow BR, Garcia-Godoy F. The effect of two composite placement techniques on fracture resistance of MOD restorations with various resin composites. J Dent 2020
- Hayashi M. Adhesive Dentistry: Understanding the Science and Achieving Clinical Success. Dent Clin N Am 64 (2020) 633-643.
- Kim M, Kim RH, Lee SC, Lee TK, Hayashi M, Yu B, Jo D-W. Evaluation of Tensile Bond Strength between Self-Adhesive Resin Cement and Surface-Pretreated Zirconia. Materials 2022, 15, 3089
- Kim M, Jo D-w, Khalifah SA, Yu B, Hayashi M, Kim RH. Shear Bond Strength of Composite Diluted with Composite-Handling Agents on Dentin and Enamel. Polymers 2022, 14, 2665.
- Jabbour Z, Esmaeili M, Hayashi M, Kim R. Radiographic Changes to Silver Diamine Fluoride Treated Carious Lesions after a Rinsing Step. Dent J. 2022, 10, 149.
Clinical Restorative Dentistry
Direct and Indirect Restorations
Venice Dental Center
R.V. Tucker Study Club UCLA Student Chapter Mentor
Dr. Hayashi practices in the UCLA Faculty Group Dental Practice. He practices in all areas of restorative dentistry.
B.S., Washington State University, 2005
D.M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2009
Certificate, General Practice Residency LAC+USC, 2010
Certificate, General Practice Residency Sepulveda VA, 2011
M.B.A., Pepperdine Graziadio Business School, 2019
Dr. Hayashi's primary research interests are in dental materials, with emphasis on adhesives used in dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society
- American Dental Education Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- Academy of Operative Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American College of Dentists
- International College of Dentists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Summa Cum Laude, Washington State University 2005
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Teacher of the Year Award, Class of 2017
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Teacher of the Year Award, Class of 2018
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Teacher of the Year Award, Class of 2019
- Fellowship in the American College of Dentists, 2019
- Alumni and Friends Presidential Endowed Chair