Yusuke Hamada, D.D.S., M.S.D.
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Yusuke Hamada is Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor in the Periodontics Section, Division of Regenerative and Reconstructive Sciences
Yusuke Hamada DDS, MSD graduated from Kyushu Dental University, obtained DDS. He completed his periodontal program at Indiana University School of Dentistry and received MSD and certificate of Periodontics. He served as a clinical assistant professor at Indiana University School of Dentistry for pre- and post-graduate levels. In addition, he was a program director at Advanced Education of Graduate Periodontics at Indiana University.
Dr. Hamada is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He is involved didactic and clinical teaching in both pre-doctoral and graduate levels. He received AAP Awards for Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring in Periodontics in 2017 and AAP Foundation Nevins Teaching and Clinical Research Fellowship in 2019. He enjoys teaching and conducting basic and clinical research focus on the hard and soft tissue regenerative procedures. He is also mentoring graduate students for their thesis projects.
- Daneshparvar N, Chu TMG, Blanchard S, Hamada Y. The Effects of Drilling Sequences on Bone Dimensions and Biomechanical Properties. (Accepted Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants)
- Ferry K, AlQallaf H, Blanchard S, Dutra V, Lin WS, Hamada Y. Evaluation of the accuracy of the soft tissue thickness measurements with three different methodologies. (Accepted Journal of Periodontology)
- Chiou LL, Ro M, Hamada Y. Efficacy of Periodontal Regeneration with Amnion- Chorion Membrane on Root Surface: Retrospective Case Series. (Accepted: Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent.)
- AlSakr A, Blanchard SB, Wong P, Thyvalikakath R, Hamada Y. Association between intracranial carotid artery calcifications and periodontitis. Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) study. J Periodontol. 2021 Oct;92(10):1402-1409.
- Haroon F, Gregory RL, Hara A, Blanchard SB, Hamada Y. In vitro comparison of root surface roughness and bacterial adhesion following treatment with three different instruments. J Periodontol. 2021 Aug 2. doi: 10.1002/JPER.21-0343.
- Tanaka Y, Dutra V, Lin WS, Levon J, Hamada Y. Evaluation of the accuracy of buccal bone thickness measurement from cone beam computed tomography compared with histologic analysis. J Prosthet Dent 2021 Oct 27;S0022-3913(21)00499-6. doi: 10.1016/j.prosdent.2021.08.026
- Goel A, Windsor JL, Gregory RL, Blanchard SB, Hamada Y. Effects of platelet-rich fibrin on human gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblast proliferation from chronic periodontitis versus periodontally healthy subjects. Clin Exp Dent Res. 2021 Aug;7(4):436-442
- Hamada Y, Yu-Ting Yeh, Blanchard S. Amnion–Chorion Allograft Barrier Used on Root Surface for Regenerative Procedures: Case Report. Clin Adv Periodontics. 2020 Dec;10(4):195-199.
- Hamada Y, Alsakr A, Towns S, Blanchard S. Effect of Medical Grade Polyurethane Sponges on Sinus Membrane Perforation Rate in Lateral Window Sinus Augmentation: A Retrospective study. J Oral Implantol 2021 Feb 1;47(1):25-29.
- DDS, Kyushu Dental University, Japan, 2006
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery in Kyusyu Dental University Hospital, Japan, 2006-2008
- Private Practice in Hospital based dentistry, Japan, 2008-2011
- Certificate and MSD in Periodontics, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 2015
- Digital technology in periodontics and implant dentistry
- Soft and hard tissue regeneration for periodontics and implant dentistry
- Etiology and treatments of peri-implantitis
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Education Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- International Team for Implantology (ITI)