Evelyn M. Chung, D.D.S.
- (310) 825-5889
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Chung is a Clinical Professor at the UCLA School of Dentistry. She specializes in the treatment of special needs, medically compromised, cancer, geriatric and dental-phobic patients. She is also involved in teaching dental students in the Section of Special Patient Care and Maxillofacial Prosthetics. She has also participated in community service missions both internationally and locally. She has mentored dental students involved in Ticket to Smile, a dental care program where faculty supervise dental students providing dental hygiene education and preventive services to the residents of the Salvation Army. She has also worked with dental students in the Special Needs Committee with her colleague, Dr. Eric Sung, to educate patients and caregivers at local regional care facilities for special needs patients.
- A Hokugo, R Christensen, EM Chung, EC Sung, AL Felsenfeld, JW Sayre, N Garrett, JS Adams, I Nishimura. Increased prevalence of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw with vitamin D deficiency in rats. J Bone Miner Res Jun;25(6): 1337-49, 2010.
- EM Chung, EC Sung. Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Surgical and Prosthodontic Management of Cancer-Related, Acquired, and Congential Defects of the Head and Neck, Third Edition. (Chapter 2) Chemotherapy. Edited by J Beumer III, MT Marunick, SJ Esposito, Quintessence Publishing Co, Inc
- EM Chung, TL Chang, PR Klokkevold. Biomechanics, Prosthetic Considerations and Treatment Planning, Carranza’s Clinical Periodontology, 12th Edition. (Chapter 75), Elsevier, Maryland Heights, MO., 2013.
- EC Sung, LK Brar, EM Chung, B Kubak, M Carlson, M Deng, AH Friedlander. Dental treatment in the cardiothoracic intensive care unit for patients with ventricular assist devices awaiting heart transplant: a case series. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. Aug;118(2):194-201, 2014.
- M Hayashi, M Pellecer, EM Chung, EC Sung. The efficacy of Pentoxifylline/tocopherol combination in the treatment of osteoradionecrosis. Spec Care Dentist. Nov-Dec;35(6):268-71, 2015.
- RC Mincer, CJ Lee, EM Chung, EC Sung. Dexmedetomidine reduces the amount of benzodiazepines and opioids administered during moderate conscious sedation for dental treatment. Spec Care Dentist. Aug 2020.
- D.D.S., UCLA, 1994
- Certificate, General Practice Residency, San Antonio, TX 1995
- Perspectives of third year dental students on treating special needs patients
- Dental consideration of cardiac surgery patients in need of dental treatment.
- Dental management of patients with osteoradionecrosis and/or osteonecrosis of the jaw.