Paulo M. Camargo, D.D.S., M.S., M.B.A., F.A.C.D.
- (310) 825-0928
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Paulo M. Camargo received his dental degree from the University of Parana, Brazil in 1984 and a certificate in Periodontics from UCLA in 1990. He also holds an M.S. degree in Oral Biology from UCLA and an M.B.A. degree from the Anderson School of Business Management at UCLA. Dr. Camargo is a diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and a fellow of the American College of Dentists. Dr. Camargo practiced Periodontics for four years in the Los Angeles area before becoming a full-time academician. He is currently a Full Professor of Periodontics at UCLA and the Associate Dean of Clinical Affairs. Dr. Camargo held the Tarrson Family Endowed Chair in Periodontics, and was the chairman of the Section of Periodontics for eight years. Dr. Camargo teaches at the pre- and post-graduate levels and conducts clinical and basic research that focuses on periodontal and bone regeneration, and peri-implantitis. Dr. Camargo has over 80 publications and has lectured extensively in the US and abroad. Dr. Camargo maintains a private practice limited to Periodontics and dental implants.
- L. Zhang, B. S. Henson, P. M. Camargo and D. T. Wong. The clinical value of salivary biomarkers for periodontal disease. Periodontology 2000, 2009; 51:25-37.
- P. R. Melnick and P. M. Camargo. Alveolar bone preservation following tooth extraction in the esthetic zone. In: Implant and Regenerative Therapy in Dentistry. Paul A. Fugazzotto, ed. Wiley-Blackwell, 1st ed., 2009, pp. 272-293.
- P. M. Camargo, V. Lekovic, M. Weinlaender, T. D. Resnik, M. Pavlovic, and E. B. Kenney. A surgical re-entry study on the influence of platelet-rich plasma in enhancing the regenerative effects of bovine porous bone mineral and guided tissue regeneration in the treatment of intrabony defects in humans. Journal of Periodontology, 2009, 80: 915-923. -
- V. Lekovic, I. Milinkovic, Z. Aleksic, S. Jankovic, P. Stankovic, E. B. Kenney and P. M. Camargo. Platelet rich fibrin and bovine porous bone mineral versus platelet rich fibrin in the treatment of intrabony periodontal defects. Journal of Periodontal Research, 2012; 47:409-417.
- S. Jankovic, Z. Aleksic, P. R. Klokkevold, V. Lekovic, B. Dimitrijevic, E. B. Kenney and P. M. Camargo. Use of platelet-rich fibrin membrane following treatment of gingival recession: a randomized clinical trial. International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, 2012; 32:41-50.
- Periodontics 100
- Periodontics 201
- Chair, Periodontics 202
- Periodontics 300
- Periodontics 301
- Review of Periodontics, Post-Doctoral
DDS, University of Paraná, Brazil, 1984
Certificate in Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry, 1990
MS in Oral Biology, UCLA School of Dentistry, 1991
MBA, UCLA Anderson School of Business Management, 2007
FACD, American College of Dentists, 2007
Periodontal and Bone Regeneration
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Association for Dental Research
- American College of Dentists
- American Dental Education Association
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- California Society of Periodontists
- International Association for Dental Research
- Western Society of Periodontology
- West Los Angeles Dental Society
- Tarrson Endowed Chair in Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry
- Award for Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring in Periodontics, American Academy of Periodontology
- Commitment to Excellence in Teaching, Mentorship and Outstanding Student Support, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 2010
- Honor for Dedication as the Director of Pre-doctoral Periodontics UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 2006
- Recognition in Educational Experience in Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 2005
- Bud & Linda Tarrson Fellowship, American Academy of Periodontology Foundation
- Periodontics Teaching Award, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 2002
- Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 2000
- Award of Excellence in Teaching Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 1993
- Outstanding Instructor Award in Periodontics, UCLA School of Dentistry, class of 1992