Vinodh Bhoopathi, B.D.S., M.P.H., DScD
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave. Rm. 63-007A
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
- Tellez M, Myers Virtue S, Neckritz S, Lim S, Bhoopathi V, Hernandez M, Shearer B, Ismail A. Randomized Clinical Trial of a Motivational Interviewing Intervention to Improve Oral Health Education among Older Adults in Philadelphia: 12-Month Evaluation of Non-Clinical Outcomes. Gerodontology. 2020 Sep;37(3):279-287.
- Bhoopathi V, Moss M, Luo H, Bhagavatula P. Not Getting Needed Dental Care and Associated Barriers By Race/Ethnicity Among U.S. Adults. JDR Clin Trans Res, May 21, 2020.
- Bhoopathi V, Vishnevetsky A, Mirman, J. Pediatric dentists who accept new Medicaid-enrolled children report higher willingness to advocate for community water Fluoridation. BMC Oral Health 2019 Jun 14;19(1):115
- Tellez M, Myers-Virtue S, Neckritz S, Bhoopathi V, Shearer B. Motivational Interviewing and Oral Health Education: Experiences from a Sample of Elderly Individuals in North and Northeast Philadelphia. Spec Care Dentist. 2019 Mar;39(2):201-207.
- Bhoopathi V, Joshi A, Ocanto R, Jacobs R. Oral health promotion practices: A Survey of Florida Child Care Center Directors. BMC Oral Health 2018, 18(1):96
- Book Chapters, Reviews, and Other Publications
- Bhoopathi V. Writer for Section 4: Workforce, Integration and Practice of the upcoming 2020 Surgeon General Report on Oral Health.
- Bhoopathi V (Lead Author), Iida H. Tooth Edentulism and Tooth Retention. Burt and Eklund’s Dentistry, Dental Practice, and the Community, 7th Edition. Pg 1-334.
- Bhoopathi V (Lead Author), Jacob M, Reusch C. Oral Health Advocacy Toolkit: Strategies and Resources for Dental Schools and Dental Hygiene Programs. Philadelphia, PA, Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, March 2019. Available at: https://dentistry.temple.edu/Oral_Health_Advocacy_Toolkit
- Bhoopathi V (Lead Author), Tripicchio G, Sarwer DB, Cordero-Ricardo M, Tellez M, Langenau E, Hill J. Nutrition Counseling and Obesity Prevention in Children: A Handbook for the Dental Community. Philadelphia, PA, Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, April 2019. Available at https://dentistry.temple.edu/NCOP_Handbook
- Contributor. Florida Department of Health, Public Health Dental Program. (2016). Florida’s Burden of Oral Disease Surveillance Report Version 1.1. Available at http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/community-health/dental-health/reports/_documents/floridas-burden-oral-disease-surveillance-report.pdf
- Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, India, BDS - 1995-2001
- East Tennessee State University, TN , HCMC - 2004-2005
- East Tennessee State University, TN, MPH - 2002-2005
- Boston University, Boston, MA, CAGS - 2005-2006
- Boston University, Boston, MA, DScD - 2008-2011
- Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) Division of Public Health and Community Dentistry, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA. - 03/2021-Present
- Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) Department of Oral Health Sciences, Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA - 07/2019-02/2021
- Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Community Oral Health Sciences, Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA - 07/2015-06/2019
- Assistant Professor Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Temple University College of Public Health, Philadelphia, PA - 07/2015-02/2020
- Assistant Professor (Non-tenure track) Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Department of Cariology and Restoratives Sciences Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL - 04/2011-06/2015
- Assistant Research Scientist (short term contract) Dental Bureau, New York State Department of Health, Albany, NY - 3/2007-09/2007
- 2021 - National Cancer Institute, Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer Scholar
- 2016 - Fellow, Provost Teaching Academy, Temple University
- 2014 - National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities Training Scholar
- 2014 - External Funding Recognition Award, Nova Southeastern University
- 2013 - External Funding Recognition Award, Nova Southeastern University
- 2012 - 1st Prize Winner of the Leverett Award for Outstanding Contribution to Dental Public Health, American Association of Public Health Dentistry. Presented at 2012 National Health Conference, “High Costs and Fewer Healthy Days Gained in Using an Oral Cancer Adjunct Compared to Conventional Oral Examination”, Milwaukee, WI.
- 2011 - External Funding Recognition Award, Nova Southeastern University
- 2009 - Award Winning Abstract Recipient, Boston University School of Medicine. Presented at the 4th Annual John McCahan Medical Campus Education Day, “Knowledge, attitudes and opinions regarding bioterrorism preparedness among dental professionals: A comparative study”, Boston University, Boston, MA. June 22nd 2009.
- 2009 - Honorable Mention, Leverett Award for Outstanding Contribution to Dental Public Health, American Association of Public Health Dentistry Presented at 2009 National Health Conference, “Effectiveness of OralCDx brush biopsies compared to Oral surgeons in diagnosing dysplastic lesions”, Portland, OR.
- 2002-2005 - Graduate Student Research Scholarship, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- 1996 - Distinction in the Anatomical Sciences, Sree Balaji Dental college, Dr. MGR Medical University, India