Daniela Silva, D.D.S., M.S.
- (310) 206-5118
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Daniela Rodrigues Silva is the Dr. Thomas K. Barber Endowed Term Chair, the Director of the Pediatric Residency Program, an Associate Clinical Professor and Chair of the Section of Pediatric Dentistry in the Division of Associated Clinical Specialties.
Dr. Silva is originally from Goiânia, Goiás, Brazil. After completing dental school, she owned a pediatric dentistry private practice in Goiânia, Brazil, from 1987 to 2000 and had a part-time faculty position in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at the School of Dentistry of Anápolis, Goiás, Brazil from 1990-2000, where she was awarded the “Teacher of the Year” for three consecutive years. Dr. Silva joined the University of Florida College of Dentistry in August 2004 and was the Residency Program Director of the Gainesville and the Naples programs until July 2011, when she joined the UCLA School of Dentistry. Dr. Silva is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- D.D.S., Federal University of Goiás, Brazil, 1986
- Pediatric Dentistry Certificate, University of Castelo Branco, Brazil, 1989
- Certificate and Master’s Degree in Pediatric Dentistry, University of Michigan, 2002
Caries Diagnosis and Prevention, Pulp Therapy, Restorative Dentistry, Dental Trauma.
- 2011 – California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2009 – Commission on Dental Accreditation
- 2007 – College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2006 – American Dental Education Association
- 2005 – American Dental Association
- 2004 – Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- 2003 – American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- 1996 – American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- 1992 – Goiana Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Brazil
- 1992 – Brazilian Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, Brazil
- 1986 – Brazilian Dental Association, Brazil
- 2008 – Finalist - American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Foundation Research Award. Washington, DC, May 2008
- 2007 – American Academy of Pediaitrc Dentistry – 3rd Prize Clinic Table Velazquez AP*, Silva DR, Guelmann M. “Restoring Proximal Lesions in Primary Molars: Does Age and Lesion Stage Influence Success?”
- 2007 – University of Florida College of Dentistry Research Day – 2nd Prize Resident/MS Category Velazquez AP*, Silva DR, Guelmann M. “Restoring Proximal Lesions in Primary Molars: Does Age and Lesion Stage Influence Success?”
- 2005 – Finalist – American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Foundation Research Award. Orlando, FL, May 2005
- 1997 - 1999 – The Professor of The Year 1999, at João Prudente School of Dentistry, Anápolis, Goiás, Brazil