Taichiro Nonaka, D.D.S., Ph.D.
- (310) 206-1138
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Taichiro Nonaka is an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Division of Oral Biology and Medicine at the UCLA School of Dentistry. He is also a member of the Center for Oral/Head & Neck Oncology Research at UCLA.
- Cheng J, Nonaka T*, Wong DTW. Salivary Exosomes as Nanocarriers for Cancer Biomarker Delivery. Materials. 2019; 12(4):654. (*Corresponding author)
- Nonaka T, Wong DTW. Liquid biopsy in head and neck cancer: promises and challenges. J Dent Res. 2018; 97(6):701-708.
- Nonaka T, Wong DTW. Saliva-exosomics in cancer: molecular characterization of cancer-derived exosomes in saliva. Enzymes. 2017; 42:125-151.
- Nonaka T, Toda Y, Hiai H, Uemura M, Nakamura M, Yamamoto N, Asato R, Hattori Y, Bessho K, Minato N, Kinoshita K. Involvement of activation-induced cytidine deaminase in skin cancer development. J Clin Invest. 2016; 126(4):1367-82.
- Nonaka T, Doi T, Toyoshima T, Muramatsu M, Honjo T, Kinoshita K. Carboxy-terminal domain of AID required for its mRNA complex formation in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106(8):2747-51.
OB202 Salivary Diagnostics (Lecturer)
OB275 Molecular and Cellular Biology (Lecturer)
D.D.S., Kyushu Dental College, 2002
Ph.D., Kyoto University, 2009
Salivary biology and immunology
Oral cancer biology
- International Association for Dental Research
- Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Excellent Presentation Award, Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, 2013
- IUBMB & FEBS Young Scientists Program Award, 2012