Perry R. Klokkevold, D.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.D.
- (310) 825-1927
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Perry Klokkevold is a Professor of Clinical Dentistry and the Director of the Residency Program in the Section of Periodontics. Dr. Klokkevold is a Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He served as Clinical Director (1995-2002) and now Program Director (2002-present) of the UCLA Postgraduate Periodontics Residency program. Prior to specializing in periodontics and implant surgery, Dr. Klokkevold practiced general dentistry and served as Director of the UCLA Hospital Dentistry program (1987-1992). Dr. Klokkevold graduated from UCSF School of Dentistry in 1986. His postdoctoral training at UCLA includes the Hospital Based General Practice Residency (1986-87), the Postgraduate Periodontal Specialty Residency (1992-94) and the UCLA Surgical Implant Fellowship (1994-95). He earned a Master's degree from the UCLA Oral Biology Graduate Division concurrently with his specialty training. Dr. Klokkevold has more than 20 years of experience in education, administration and clinical practice in periodontics and implantology.
- PER201 Periodontal Pathology, Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- DS 424 c Osseointegrated Dental Implants
- DS 433 b-c Advanced Clinical Periodontics
- CL 300.16 a-b Advanced Implant Dentistry -Course Co-Chair
- CL 309.04 a-d Implant Surgery -Course Chair
- CL 309.14 a-d Patient Management -Course Chair
- CL 309.17 a-d Clinical I.V. Sedation -Course Co-Chair
- CL 309.18 a-d Clinical Periodontics -Course Chair
- DS 309.06 Periodontal Literature Review -Course Co-Chair
- DS 309.7 a-d Ortho-Perio-Prosth -Course Co-Chair
- DS 309.10 Introduction and Review of Periodontics -Course Chair
- DS 309.20 a-d Multi-disciplinary Treatment Planning -Course Co-Chair
Patient Care Activities:
Dr. Klokkevold sees private patients in the UCLA Periodontics and Implant Surgery Faculty Practice located in the UCLA 100 Medical Plaza Building (adjacent to the UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center). His postgraduate teaching activities are limited to the specialty of periodontics and implant surgery. He is a highly respected clinician with patient referrals from across the country.
- B.S., D.D.S., UCSF School of Dentistry, 1986
- Certificate, UCLA Hospital Dentistry Resident, 1987
- Certificate, UCLA Postgraduate Periodontics, 1994
- M.S., UCLA Graduate Studies in Oral Biology, 1995
- Certificate, UCLA Surgical Implant Fellowship, 1995
Dr. Klokkevold has lectured on several periodontal and implant-related topics including periodontal medicine, risk assessment, bone augmentation and dental implant therapy at national and international meetings. Of particular note is his multi-year commitment to Periodontal and Implant Continuing Dental Education in Japan. His educational contributions over more than ten years have elevated the patient care in Periodontics and Implant Surgery in Japan. Dr. Klokkevold has published numerous articles for international journals and written several book chapters on topics including juvenile periodontitis, periodontal medicine, influence of systemic disease on periodontal and implant health, bone regeneration and dental implant surgery. He is the Co-Editor for the 10th and 11th editions of Carranza's Clinical Periodontology, the most widely used and respected textbook in periodontics.
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Society of Periodontists (CSP)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Delta Sigma Delta Alumni Association
- UCLA School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- UCLA Periodontal Alumni and Associates
- UCLA Dental Research Institute (DRI)
- UCSF School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- Western Los Angeles Dental Society (WLADS)
- Western Society of Periodontology (WSP)