Wei Chen, M.S., Ph.D.
- (310) 825-3307
UCLA School of Dentistry
10833 Le Conte Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1668
Dr. Wei Chen is an adjunct assistant professor in the Section of Endodontics, Division of Constitutive and Regenerative Sciences at the UCLA School of Dentistry.
- Chen W, Yi JK, Shimane T, Mehrazarin S, Lin YL, Shin KH, Kim RH, Park NH, Kang MK. Grainyhead-like 2 regulates epithelial plasticity and stemness in oral cancer cells. Carcinogenesis, 2016; 37(5): 500-10.
- Mehrazarin S*, Chen W*, Oh JE, Liu ZX, Kang KL, Yi JK, Kim RH, Shin KH, Park NH, Kang MK. The p63 Gene Is Regulated by Grainyhead-like 2 (GRHL2) through Reciprocal Feedback and Determines the Epithelial Phenotype in Human Keratinocytes. J Biol Chem, 2015; 290(32): 19999-20008. * equally contributed.
- Chen W, Xiao Liu Z, Oh JE, Shin KH, Kim RH, Jiang M, Park NH, Kang MK. Grainyhead-like 2 (GRHL2) inhibits keratinocyte differentiation through epigenetic mechanism. Cell Death Dis, 2012; 3: e450.
- Chen W, Dong Q, Shin KH, Kim RH, Oh JE, Park NH, Kang MK. Grainyhead-like 2 enhances the human telomerase reverse transcriptase gene expression by inhibiting DNA methylation at the 5'-CpG island in normal human keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2010; 285(52): 40852-63.
- Chen W, Fu X, Ge S, Sun T, Zhou G, Han B, Li H, Sheng Z. Profiling of genes differentially expressed in a rat of early and later gestational ages with high-density oligonucleotide DNA array. Wound Repair Regen, 2007, 15(1): 147-55. PMID:
- B.S., Anhui Normal University, 1994
- M.S., Zhejiang University, 1997
- Ph.D., Institute of Radiation Medicine of Beijing, 2000
- Postdoctoral Scholar, UCLA, 2012
Dr. ChenÕs research program is focused on oral mucosal diseases, including oral cancer, chemical- and radiation-induced oral mucositis, and aging-associated oral epithelial dysfunction.Ê These studies were based on extensive investigations of the mechanisms underlying cellular senescence (aging) and immortalization of normal human oral keratinocytes (NHOK).
- Dental Research Institute, UCLA School of Dentistry
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Dental Association
- International Association for Dental Research